1. LevisLevi Strauss & Co. (LS&CO) is a privately held clothing company known worldwide for its Levi’s brand of denim jeans. It was founded in 1853 when Levi Strauss came from Buttenheim, Franconia, (Kingdom of Bavaria) to San Francisco, California to open a west coast branch of his brothers’ New York dry goods business. Although the company began producing denim overalls in the 1870s, modern jeans were not produced until the 1920s. The company briefly experimented (in the 1970s) with employee ownership and a public stock listing, but remains owned and controlled by descendants and relatives of Levi Strauss’ four nephews.
2. GuessGuess (styled as GUESS?) is a luxury American name-brand clothing line. Guess also markets other fashion accessories besides clothes, such as watches and jewelry. The company also owns the line Marciano.
3. DieselThe company was founded by Renzo Rosso and his former boss Adriano Goldschmied of the AG Jeans company, in 1978. Diesel’s milestone years include 1985 (Renzo’s complete acquisition of the company), 1988 the hiring straight out of fashion college of ex-head designer and Creative Director Wilbert Das, 1991 (beginning of the international marketing strategy) and 1996 (opening of Diesel’s first flagship store on New York City’s Lexington Avenue).
Rosso said that they learnt marketing from the US, creativity from Italy and systems from Germany.
In February 2007, the company launched a major intimates and beachwear division for men and women that is carried in the retail and department stores. Diesel Black Gold was announced in November 2007. The company has around 2,200 employees in 18 subsidiaries across Europe, Asia and the Americas. Its products are available in 5000 retail outlets, of which 300 are Diesel-branded stores. Annual sales were approximately €1.2 billion in 2005, and €1.3 billion in 2009. Revenue is largely derived from denim sales, but also extremely successful and influential ranges of accessories and children’s wear – Diesel Kid.
Production of denim jeans is based mainly in Italy.
4. True ReligionTrue Religion Brand Jeans (NASDAQ: TRLG) is an American premium clothing line, established in December of 2002 by Jeffrey Lubell and co-founder Kym Gold.
In the winter of 2002, True Religion debuted its denim products from its Los Angeles base. True Religion jeans can cost between $172 and $363, with the majority ranging between $250–$300 USD.
True Religion is recognized for t-shirts, western styled shirts, sweatshirts and sweatpants all containing the western vintage feel. Most recently the company has started license the brand out to branch into new products such as footwear, headwear, handbags, swimwear, eyewear, and fragrance. They have also opened more stores across the United States to showcase the entire breadth of their products . True Religion has around 900 branded boutiques and specialty stores in 50 countries on 6 continents . The flagship store is located in Manhattan Beach, California and was their first retail store, opening in late 2005. True Religion can also be purchased from such high-end department stores as Bloomingdale’s, Nordstrom, Neiman Marcus, Saks Fifth Avenue, and Macy’s.
5. Seven7 For All Mankind (often referred to simply as Seven, Seven Jeans or 7FAM) is a brand of designer jeans founded by Michael Glasser, Peter Koral, and Jerome Dahan in 2000 and headquartered in Los Angeles, California. Since 2007, it has been owned by the VF Corporation.
7 for All Mankind began by designing women’s jeans. A men’s jeans line was introduced in fall 2002, and its Children Denim Collection for boys and girls in fall 2005. In addition to jeans, 7 for All Mankind produces other clothing items such as skirts, shorts, and denim jackets. The brand is sold in over 80 countries including Europe, Canada, and Japan.
6. Miss SixtyMiss Sixty, italienskt varumärke för damkläder från 1991, och sedermera även accessoarer. Bland annat kända för jeans. Varumärket ägs av Sixty Group SpA.
7. LeeLee is a brand of denim jeans, first produced in 1889 in Salina, Kansas. The company is owned by VF Corporation, the largest apparel company in the world Its headquarters are currently in Merriam, Kansas, just outside of Kansas City, Missouri. The company states that they are an international retailer and manufacturer of casual wear and work wear and that they have more than 400 employees in the United States. In Australasia, the brand is owned by Pacific Brands since 2007, after it was acquired from Yakka.
8. Calvin KleinCalvin Klein Inc. is a fashion brand founded in 1968 by Calvin Klein. The company is headquartered in Midtown Manhattan, New York City and currently owned by Phillips-Van Heusen. Like other fashion brands, Calvin Klein established a world famous monogram: the “cK” emblem
9. WranglerWrangler is a manufacturer of jeans. The brand is owned by the VF Corporation, who also own Lee, JanSport and The North Face, among others. Its headquarters are located in downtown Greensboro, North Carolina, with production plants in a variety of locations throughout the world. Wrangler International is now chaired by Dieter Jacobfeuerborn.
Wrangler Jeans were first made by Blue Bell, who acquired the brand when they took over Casey Jones in the mid-1940s. Blue Bell employed Bernard Lichtenstein (‘Rodeo Ben’), a Polish tailor from Łódź who worked closely with cowboys, to help design jeans suitable for rodeo use. This was the origin of Wrangler Jeans. The 13MWZ style, introduced in 1947 as lot number 11MWZ, is still available worldwide. In addition to this, Wrangler has since introduced several other lines that are more designated towards a specific group or demographic. Some examples of this are 20X, Riggs and Aura.
Wrangler also has a line of music accessories targeted toward country music fans.
Wrangler also has a series of football commercials with Brett Favre playing a game of touch football in the mud.